Friday, April 19, 2013

Countdown to INTA AM in the big D


Now that I’ve done some research for INTA AM in Dallas, Texas May 5 - 8, 2013 … 

 

… I am seriously regretting my travel arrangements

For the past few years I have tried very hard to use public transportation to and from the airports, it’s my little environmental bit. I was pleasantly surprised by the ease and speed of this in San Francisco, Boston and D.C. However, it appears that getting to and from Dallas Fort Worth Airport by transit would be an hour and a half ordeal. I probably should have chosen to fly to the smaller “in city” airport.

Also, my hotel is the furthest from the Convention Centre. However, some of the receptions I will be going to are closer to my hotel than the convention centre hotels so that’s a big bonus.


… I’ve discovered that it’s the BIG D

It’s not very original but they call Dallas the Big D. Apparently it’s because “big things happen here”. More interesting is the fact that all over Dallas there are life size letters “B” and “G”. You are supposed to stand in between them, becoming the “I” and have your picture taken. Then you can share your photo on the social networks facebook, tweet, instagram, tumblr, pinterest with the hashtag #DallasBIG. Apparently, lots of Dallas retailers are giving deals, specials and discounts to people who share their BIG photos.

 

… This sounds interesting for Saturday afternoon

If I was in the Big D on Saturday afternoon, I would definitely be up for this Cinco de Mayo MADNESS Tour of some of Dallas' most famous margarita meccas http://www.dallasbychocolate.com/

Alas, I won’t be able to do this but I sure am looking forward to some real tex-mex food.


… Urban Cowboys

The INTA AM Finale is at Gilley’s the bar where John Travolta worked and learned about life and love in the movie Urban Cowboy. The bar is named for that great country singer Mickey Gilley and is the home of Urban Cowboy memorabilia, great Texan food, cold beer, country music and maybe even mechanical bull rides.

Yee haw! Looking forward to seeing you in your Stetsons and spurs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment